Monday, September 17, 2012

Love story

Diana was super excited. She would finally be 21 years of age – a young woman in her own right. Not a kid any longer! How long had she waited for this just as she was waiting for something else. Her parents had left for the day. As a young woman now, she wanted to have her own party without parents. However, she planned to have her birthday lunch with family the next day. The eve was reserved for her friends. On her birthday was about 20 her friends. They all danced, played and just had fun. 

The clock would strike 12am in a few minutes and they planned to shower their gifts on Diana then. Diana got up to get another bottle of wine from the cabinet when something caught her eyes.  Out of the frosted window of her house through the thick snow, Diana noticed a figure move up the driveway. As the doorbell rang, Diana left the room with her friends behind her to see who was at the door. It was Ralph, her old friend and she missed him a lot. It was big surprise for her.

“Ralph am so glad to see you. What are you doing here? Did you remember that it’s my birthday eve?” Diana asked, almost dragging him into the living room and then giving him a bear hug.

“I know tomorrow’s your big day. I have got something very important to tell you,”  he said.

“Okay, go ahead,” said Diana.

“Well, I want you to know that I’ve liked you for, well, a while now and I decided I must tell you I am in love with you. Tonight had to be the night. I have resolved to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you be mine Diana?”

" I will", said Diana and her friends broke into a loud applause for the couple, while her close friend uncorked a bottle of bubbly champagne. For Diana, it was the perfect moment as Ralph took her in his arms and passionately kissed her on her lips and then all over her face.





No comments:

Post a Comment